Underpinning the pedagogical framework at EMASI is the core belief that a curriculum cannot be built around a school but rather a school must be built around the curriculum. At EMASI this implies high quality, purposely built and well-planned facilities which appropriately connect our educational philosophy with the teaching and learning programs.
EMASI offers an international bilingual educational journey that blends the solid foundation of the Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) program with the prestigious standards of the Cambridge programs. We adopt teach an interdisciplinary pedagogy program that is student-centered and has a thematic approach which includes project-based learning and balances teamwork collaborative and autonomous learning. Most of all, the EMASI program equips our students with the ability to become lifelong learners.
The school’s bilingual education model promotes both Vietnamese and English fluency, while developing students’ confidence and global understanding so that they can achieve success in every aspect of life.
Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) program
The EMASI Vietnamese program, based on the national curriculum, integrates modern pedagogy to optimize learning outcomes.
Small class sizes and a student-centered approach ensure that EMASI students are well cared for and supported by teachers, to allow accurate assessment of their learning progress and the enhancement of their moral qualities. It also ensures the development of core competencies and encourages excellence in academics, arts and athletics. EMASI students become responsible global citizens.
The EMASI International Program is based on the Cambridge framework, taught entirely in English by experienced and dedicated faculty.
|Elementary||Grades 6 – 8||Grades 9 -10||Grades 11-12|
|Cambridge Pathway||Cambridge Primary||Cambridge Lower Secondary||IGCSE Cambridge||Cambridge A Level|
|Qualfications/Ceritificates||Cambridge English Flyers||Cambridge Checkpoint Maths and Science||Cambridge KET
|IELTS 6.0 – 7.0
Advanced Placement (AP) /
*for students in Grade 11, there are elective courses in the Advanced Placement (AP) Program
EMASI graduates receive the Vietnamese National High School Diploma and have the opportunity to complete the following qualifications, depending on their academic performance and time of admission:
- Advanced Placement (AP) Qualifications from the US
- A-Level Qualifications from Great Britain
In line with the name EMASI, the curriculum features:
- English (E): An intensive and dynamic English program taught by expatriate teachers using Cambridge English as the framework in combination with the rich and engaging resources of National Geographic Learning. and insightful multi-disciplinary American textbooks. Students who complete the EMASI program in its entirety are expected to acquire a near mother tongue level proficiency in the English language.
English qualifications available to EMASI students:
|Grade 1-2||Grade 3-4||Grade 5-6||Grade 7-8||Grade 9||Grade 10-12|
|IELTS||4.5 – 5.5||6.5 – 7.0|
- Mathematics (M): A strong Mathematics program guided by the Cambridge framework and aligned with the Vietnamese MOET syllabus, emphasizing critical thinking, problem solving and deep conceptual understanding.
- Arts (A): A significant focus on the Arts, not only the art production or performance but more importantly to equip students with basic knowledge of art and music through appreciation and study of history. Students will develop their aesthetic taste, promote their creativity and enrich their lives.
- Science (S): A strong focus on Science, based on the Cambridge International Curriculum which is taught in English, as well as the MOET curriculum taught in Vietnamese with an interdisciplinary pedagogical approach. Students are encouraged to explore their world and discover new things through practical projects and experiments, giving them a strong foundation to develop problem solving and critical thinking skills needed to actively participate in an increasingly technologically and scientifically advanced world.
- Information Technology (I): With the aim of equipping students with the tools for success in a dynamic and constantly changing world, the EMASI Schools ICT Curriculum is guided by the Cambridge framework for Computing and Digital Literacy while also integrating the necessary MOET learning objectives. The program focuses on two sets of interlinked principles: Soft Skills and Technical Skills to foster a solid command of information technology for both studies, life and the future of employment.
In addition, the teaching curriculum includes:
- A focus on information literacy skills taught as part of the Library program and integrated technology across all grades. This enables students to read, research, study independently, critically reflect on the validity and reliability of information to complete research projects.
- Global Perspectives
- The study of History and Geography delivered in line with the MOET syllabus but enhanced through an interdisciplinary pedagogy. While the traditional pedagogy is predominantly didactics basing on one-way method from Teacher (transfer) to Students (receive), the interdisciplinary approach encourages dialogues between students and teachers, and among students through discussions, tougher studying and doing research, making projects, from different sources of information by different methods, and possibly associated with other subjects and other fields. Students are not required to learn by heart facts, rather are motivated to make inquiry, to understand the concept and the context, the cause and nature of things thus enable them to draw their own conclusion and develop their critical thinking skill. For students who join EMASI at early ages, or those who meet the English proficiency requirements, they will learn these subjects in English by the Common Core Curriculum of the United States in addition to the MOET program taught in Vietnamese.
- The EMASI Physical Education program, guided by the Cambridge framework, promotes the importance of physical, mental and emotional health and build and fosters the spirit of healthy competition. Students practice good sportsmanship and learn the value of teamwork and leadership skills.
- Maker Space Program helps support students to develop their creativity, critical thinking, and problem solving via a STEAM approach. The program is taught at all grades and designed in a way that students will have to turn their idea into some real product by leveraging skills taught through manual and motorized tools, CNC machines, 3D printer, 3D scanner … with adoption of technology and IT.
- In the High School, students are introduced to logic reasoning subjects: philosophy, epistemology, politics and psychology, the very key areas of critical thinking.
Extracurricular programs: EMASI offers a comprehensive extracurricular program which includes a range of sporting and creative activities designed to enhance the taught curriculum and cater to the non-academic needs of the students.
Pastoral care and counseling: Student welfare and well-being are central to the EMASI philosophy and there is a strong commitment to the academic, social, emotional and psychological needs of our students. These needs are met through the Pastoral Care program and academic, career and university placement counseling on each campus.